Profile photo of MountainBiker
MountainBiker
Survivalist
member10

carpedebass, I recently read that parents are abandoning children in Greece currently when they reach the point that they just cannot feed or care for them anymore. One story I read was about this happening at day care centers. The child gets dropped off with a note that says the parent won’t be picking them up again.

Were the scenario you describe happen to me, I would take the child in and do my best to see that he/she survives. I have had (and continue to have) a good life, and I am curious enough to want to see how things turn out, but my real goal is not my personal survival but rather that of my kids and grandkids. The future lies with my grand babies, not me. In a sudden SHTF scenario, my daughter & her family will be trapped in a suburban setting 850 miles from here. They would not be able to make it to my place. Should that come to pass, the hope I would be clinging to is that someone like myself would do what they could to save my grand daughters (who will turn 3 and 1 this spring). That may just be wishful thinking on my part but how could I expect someone to help my grand daughters if I’m not willing to help someone else’s? And so yes I would take the child in.