anika
anika
Survivalist
rreallife

I loved the sharpener! What a small and often-overlooked, simple solution to those things listed.

I don’t have any tips of my own to share, but I found this on another site I visit; I trust the site provider’s content, but admit that I haven’t researched the claim, myself.

On December 31, 2013 the Environmental Protection Agency forced the last lead smelter in the United States of America to shut down. The facility had been in operation since 1892. This was the last facility in the United States that could process raw lead ore into the lead required for modern firearm ammunition. The closure of this facility will have an impact on the ammunition industry in the United States and ammunition here in the United States may gradually become extremely difficult or extremely expensive to obtain. With this in mind perhaps now would be a good time for you to acquire the knowledge on how to make your own ammunition at home using the lead wheel weights off the wheels of old cars in a junkyard. May I humbly suggest that you read the following article, and if the article contains information that you believe might one day be of value to you, then may I also suggest that you print a hard copy of the article for future reference purposes, if you have not already done so.

How to Make Your Own Ammunition – Grandpappy hard times survival article copyright June 3, 2009 by Robert Wayne Atkins, P.E..