Profile photo of libbylindy
libbylindy
Survivalist
member4

It’s been a while since I last came to this blog. Meanwhile, I have added another dozen chickens to my flock and they have begun laying their first eggs! That is so good. I have had the privilege of having my 95 year old mother and sister who has had repeated strokes, here for the winter. I will take them back home in spring. It has given me an idea of how it would work having them here permanently…much different than I had imagined it to be. Finally, I am convincing my mother that something bad could actually happen. She is beginning to understand it to some degree. My sister is all on board so there is no convincing there. So that is how my winter has gone. The garden continues to produce – kale, collard greens, cabbage, swiss chard, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower. Everything else has died. The produce is enough to keep the chicks happy. That is why I planted it this winter. I need to see how much I need to plant in order to keep them in fresh food for their winter. We sneak some for us, too. Yum!! It is time to do some winter canning, but I am short on time this winter. Will get back in the swing when I take the family home.