Whirlibird
Whirlibird
Survivalist
member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Leopard wrote:</div>People might think it is stupid to feel sad about the label on your tea box changing – but I think I will be looking at every box, knowing they are trying to wipe out our history, out traditions and our people..

Afrikaner symbolism<br>
In South Africa, the ox-wagon was adopted as an Afrikaner cultural icon. The ossewa is mentioned in the first verse of Die Stem, the Afrikaans poem which became South Africa’s national anthem from 1957 to 1994. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voortrekker_Monument

They managed to kill off the Springbok logo yet?

Anything that might create solidarity, especially something so decidedly “Boer” must go.

History is being rewritten, little steps to be sure but your history is being changed.

You will be expected to feel shame for something you had no hand in, much like slavery in the US, we are taught to feel shame that it happened. That somehow because we are white we are to blame despite it having ended 150 years ago.

My kids, when we are doing homework study the reality of history and what they need to know for the tests. Often two different things.
Same with what happens and happened down there.