Profile photo of MountainBiker
MountainBiker
Survivalist
member10

yes, the power grid is the weak link, if that goes, well I’ve heard a sheeple say during a minor power cut “its like living in the dark ages”! just imagine how they will feel when it goes off for good. most will not cope and the suicide rate will climb, add in starvation, disease and dehydration and the corpses will soon stack up. maybe I’m looking forward to it, maybe not, but at least it will be different, I have never liked modern life, people have become nasty and rude with no redeeming features and I don’t have anything to do with them, or as little as I have to. sure it will be hell for anyone who lives in a city when the power goes off and the food stops being delivered, but we need a reduction in the population numbers and a clean out of the gene pool, lets get rid of the hangers on, the lazy and the benefit scroungers, post SHTF if people don’t work to survive they don’t survive its as simple as that.if it takes SHTF to accomplish that then so be it.

lonewolf, you clearly have a dim view of people and the world as it now exists and that is your perogative, but know that even if the billions that you don’t think are worthy of living were to meet their demise, that your life will also be decidedly less pleasant as well. Living remotely will not keep refugees from coming your way and it will only take one of them being smarter or luckier than you to take you out too. A simple illness or accident could do it as well when there is no modern medical care available. Come a collapse, luck will matter just as much as skill, fitness, and supplies. Maybe more.