Profile photo of Kim in IN
Kim in IN
Survivalist
rprepper

Thanks for the welcome everyone. We’ve been homeschooling for 19 yrs so far. Got one more to go. I was so excited to hear that today my Governor, Mike Pense was the first governor to sign into law that our state will ditch Common Core! Although it doesn’t affect my son now, except when he goes to take the SAT, I was really glad to hear that it’s over in my state. So many of the states are so addicted to the pretend money that is tied to it that they find it hard to say no.
Questions about homeschooling are welcome! I lead a small homeschool support group in my town. I don’t have all the answers, but I’ve been around the block a time or two. We’ve graduated 3, all of which served or are serving in the US Military, 2 have college degrees and one of those is now in law enforcement. It’s hard work but it can be done.
Thanks for the link Anika, can’t wait to check that out. Price hikes of basic prep supplies is one my hubby’s pet peeves. He feels like preppers make good marks for somebody else to profit off of. It’s capitalism at it’s finest, but I’m trying my best to learn how to prep without going broke in the mean time.
We have so much to learn yet, and we are a single income family, so I’m really hoping that this forum will help me learn what I need to know and the most cost efficient way to get there.
Selco’s website was the first information I ever read about prepping all those years ago.