Breathial
Breathial
Survivalist
member3

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>Breathial,after reading your very thorough assessment, it is seeming like a motor home could really only work well as a bug out shelter if you had a fixed bug out location to travel too that included on-site storage for supplies. Also other improvements put in place pre-SHTF such as a well, out house etc.

Yeah, that’d be a fair statement. An RV is simply a “tiny house” on wheels, no more or less.

This brings up the fact that I’ve come to the same conclusion as you; it can be your bugout location, BUT you’ll still have to have some supplies stationed at the destination.

For power, a solar array would be sufficient for everything except running an air conditioner; the batteries in my RV would run it for maybe 3 hours before they’d be dead (though the inverter can handle the load). While the batteries have 500 amp-hours, I’d need 3x as many for that luxury.

Food and fuel storage…. perhaps in a local storage facility, ready for access if needed, would do the trick.

For water, either a shallow well that I can hook up a 12-volt diaphragm pump or a stream that I can occasionally visit to fill my internal tank, would be doable. Sewage…? Well, we could always do like Cousin Eddy did, in Christmas Vacation…. :-D