Profile photo of c
c
member7

Harrypirini, I like your question. I like pacifists. In general, they are nice people. The opposite of a pacifist is an aggressor. I know I don’t want to be an aggressor… But I also know in the right situation, I would fight for myself and my girls. Most people will… But for most of us, it’s the very last choice. As it should be.

In many ways I’m a pacifist too. When I have a problem with someone I never used violence to solve my problem. I would like to continue living my life like that in the future. Of course, the future is unknown.

I have been thinking about non-aggressive ways to deal with conflict for a long time. If your group is committed to pacifism, I believe there will be ways to survive a SHFT event but it won’t be the strategies that most people in the SHFT School will use. (They want to stand and fight the “good” fight. In contrast, I want to run and hide!)

Since your group are pacifists and unwilling to stand and fight, it will be important to have a completely stealthy, housing and food production system. The system will have to be mobile too because “your land and buildings” will likely be taken by the guys with guns… but they don’t have to get all your supplies… or enslave your people. Multiply caches will be required. Stealthy scouting, tracking and primitive skills will be very important for your group in case the guys with the guns take your stuff. Creativity and flexibility will be important because you might find yourself making equipment from garbage to survive. At some point, an exit strategy should be in the plan. There will always be other peaceful places in the world.

I think your group sounds great to me! I don’t think it’s wacko to want to live in a world of peace… and do everything in our power to make our future more peaceful.

“All violence is the result of people tricking themselves into believing that their pain derives from other people and that consequently those people deserve to be punished.”
Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Dr Marshall Rosenberg