Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

@ Robin,

I hear ya… we ditched plenty of stuff that was just superfluous or downright useless…

Heh… Tobasco sauce… even the most vile gruel tastes better with Tobasco… never could stand Chicken a la Thing… that stuff was nasty…

I was disappointed to recently learn that those little bottles of Tobasco aren’t included in MRE’s anymore… they went to those squeeze packs like you get in a fast food joint…

I usually ditched my sleeping bag and went with the poncho and liner. The supply goobers always gave me a bag that was too small anyways.

Never had a use for the brown “bear suit” we used to get issued, so Adios to that… Never bothered with the mess kit, either. In 13 years of service, I never used it. Not once. In fact, I ended up polishing it out of boredom until it looked chrome plated. (Ended up in a bit of trouble over that… I mean, how do you “un-polish” something?) Just usually packed a spoon and a P38.. a P41 if you could steal one from the mess daddy…

I remember getting in a pile of trouble (Me? In trouble?!? I know, right? What are the odds?). We got this new 1SG who mandated that everyone carry Kiwi boot polish, a brush, cotton rag, etc, for polishing your boots in the field… The face you’re making is probably the same face I made.. :) So, I “forgot” to pack it… oops. No reason to hump that crap around, and I never met anyone who had the extra time to polish boots on deployment…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1