Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Warrant-less searches, no knock raids and blank search warrants, etc…

Adios to all of it…

The whole purpose of a warrant is for the police to demonstrate they have enough evidence of criminal behavior to go in front of a Federal Judge to get a warrant to violate your rights. The Federal Judge looks at the evidence and says either Yes or No. Our Constitution provides for this.

If “Yes”, then he signs the warrant – which historically are very narrow in scope (ie: equipment for making meth-amphetamines) and are not “fishing expeditions”… the cops would give you a copy of the warrant, proving they had the right to go into your house and look for what’s covered in the warrant… everything else was off limits.

This is to protect the rights of the citizens. We have gone astray from that so very, very far… the 4th Amendment only exists in memory…

And while we’re on the subject of warrants… these days, serving a warrant goes hand in hand with SWAT raids. Since when do you need a Heavy Infantry Platoon to serve a warrant? Or justification for use of chemical munitions? Or throwing explosives through random windows? SWAT raids are being executed under the excuse of “serving a high-risk warrant”…. to the tune of 80,000 raids a year at most recent count. Innocents have been maimed and killed because of such foolishness… I can’t prove it, but I think the vast majority of SWAT raids are just an excuse to keep their military-grade toys.

SWATTING someone has become a game.

Some female gets her panties in a bind because she got dumped and, because fake rape allegations just won’t do, she calls in an ‘anonymous’ tip that her Ex has a meth lab in his kitchen and is dealing to school kids…

Some guy has a beef with his neighbor and, instead of handling it like an adult, makes an “anonymous” tip of his own about said neighbor in an effort to “get back” at him…

Some criminal scumbag gives a random address for his drug hookup – his supplier – in an effort to get off the hot seat and cut a deal with the ADA… hilarity ensues when the cops SWAT some house in the suburbs..

Or – and this is the worst – the cops screw up and SWAT the wrong house out of sheer incompetence. The innocents, if they’re lucky, will live through the trauma and sort of pull their lives back together again, eventually…

Which brings me to culpability. Or rather, “Qualified Immunity”…

This piece of garbage is being used as a shield for incompetent DA’s and cops. They screw up egregiously, but cannot be held accountable personally because of “qualified immunity”. I don’t care what it was originally meant to accomplish, only what it is currently being used as… and it’s being used by incompetents to hide behind when they screw up and get innocent people killed and lives destroyed… Like being the Anti-Spiderman – great power, but none of the responsibility…

And even if you do somehow manage to beat the odds and prove that the au-thor-i-tah’s were bad actors, incompetent, culpable, etc… you’ll get paid, but not paid from them. Your payout comes from tax collection, so in effect, the taxpaying citizen is being screwed twice…

Dispense with qualified immunity and hold incompetents accountable. If a cop throws a grenade into your kid’s bedroom and it lands in the crib, killing your child, then that cop should be held personally accountable – as should be the idiot who trained him and the other idiot that led the SWAT raid, as well as the “other” other idiot who signed off on the SWAT raid back at headquarters… have them pay for your damages personally… Or have the Police Union pay for it… until they’re hit where it counts ($$$), nothing will change…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1