Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

@ 74,

I stand by my statements.

Restore their rights. In full.

If they’re so dangerous that they cannot be trusted with their rights – all of them – then don’t release them.

From 1789 until 1968 – some 179 years – we survived just fine. The section that prohibits “felons” from voting, owning or possessing firearms, etc, is 18 U.S. Code § 922. This was adopted in 1968. Oh my, how did we ever survive without it?!?

If a person wants a firearm badly enough, they will get one. Even if they have to make one by hand.

And, if I may, let me toss a hypothetical your way, 74…

Let’s say the US Government declares that possessing a magazine that holds more than 5 rounds is forbidden and is also an automatic felony… would you a) turn yourself in at the nearest police station because you own several high-cap mags or b) hide your mags and shut up about them, never telling anyone you have them?

See, the hangup is what constitutes a “felony”. Just because the almighty Government arbitrarily declares that “X” shall henceforth be a felony does not make it so. You think in the entire history of the US, that nobody was ever railroaded into prison? You think that never happened?

Example: Two guns on the assembly line. One is made on Day 1 and is totally legal to own. The second one is made on Day 2, after some nebulous, arbitrary BS cutoff date set by the Almighty Government and will get you 5 to 10 years in prison if you’re caught with it… nothing different between the two, except one digit between the two serial numbers and that they were made one day apart… you think someone should be convicted of a felony for that? Strip them of their rights forever because of some dumb BS the government goons thought up?

You seem to trust the government, the cops and the court system…. I don’t.

Give everyone their rights back. Make universal carry mandatory. If someone gets violent, things will shake out and generally fix themselves… eventually, we will run out of violent jerks just through attrition…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1