Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

For others in your family , not as familiar or proficient in firearms as you are , the Ruger LC9 is very popular with women . Mostly because accidental discharge is difficult with that pistols safety design . Its also very comfortable in the hand . There has been a lot said about having a round in the tube vs. not having one as a practice . Personally , I think its a bad idea on a daily carry basis . If your expecting the possibility of trouble , it takes little time to rack a round vs. accidents . All my magazine fed firearms at home are loaded , but not charged , even my AK’s , and AK’s are pretty idiot proof because they are so simple , it will take me a split second to charge it . And being left handed , its even faster . Even trained people have accidents , and depending on the situation . Any contact with LEO’s may go better for you if your gun does not have one in the tube . It may sound trivial , but they DO look at things like that , and could be a deciding factor on how they go about treating you .