Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

@ Breathial

Okay, here’s where I can help a brother out…

You want a brute of a 4×4? I can hook you up. There’s a guy in Indianapolis. He has buyers on the Left Coast, always looking for prehistoric iron. They buy up 4×4’s and good trucks and then ship them via car carrier to Indianapolis, where Our Hero resells them to Southern nutcases like me… Our truck, I am happy to say, has NO emissions junk on it anywhere. It’s a 1973 Ford F250 4×4 Factory Highboy. Paid 6K for it. Put another 5K into it. Right now, it is a BEAST of a truck – factory 390 V-8 with a Holley 600 cfm carb. It even has triple factory coolers- two radiators for the engine, one for the transmission fluid. My son calls it “The Zombie Apocalypse Truck” and says the only things missing are a cow-catcher on the front (which will happen this year) and a pintle-mounted .50 caliber M2 in the bed… place is called http://www.rustfreeclassics.com You can haggle with the guy, too. He won’t be offended.

Other thing is your missus – if you’ve been tempted to buy her one of those black plastic combat tupperware 9mm carbine things for big money, well DON’T. Check out a carbine called the K-31. It’s from Finland. For a couple hundred bucks, it’s basically an upgraded version of the Russian PPSH burp gun, but only in semi-auto. Comes with 36 and 71 round mags. The 36 is a stick, the 71 is a drum. Yeah, it’s sort of heavy, but recoil is zero. AND (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Bob’s yer uncle) there are torch-cut parts kits of the full-auto version on the market for about 130 bucks… just sayin’… magazines can be found at Numrich (type in Suomi) or Cheaper Than Dirt (again, type in “Suomi”). I pronounce it “good stuff” (or “Hobo-approved”) and if you run out of ammo, you can always whack someone in the coconut with it… it’s old school wood and steel.

Come to think of it, HEY SELCO!! You got any experience with the Finn K31 or the Russian PPSH? Inquiring minds want to know…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1