Whirlibird
Whirlibird
Survivalist
member10

My last PD, of the 4 Mossys, three had broken triggerguard tabs.
I used to keep a couple of spare triggerguard assemblies in my shop just for hunting season repairs, back when we lived in shotgun territory, as well as spare safeties, people liked to try and remove them to clean the gun and invariably broke them.

Switched a Benelli out for a couple mossys.
Yup, typical price point shoppers.

Its funny, people tend to look at certain equipment in odd ways.

Firearms for example.
People look at what will suffice for the cheapest possible price regardless of quality.
WalMart shopping at it’s finest.

There’s a single reason that people buy Savage/Stevens rifles over Winchester Model 70’s, and that’s price.
If they were concerned about quality, about a rifle that will stand up to daily use rather than two weekends a year, the Winchesters would be more common.

That Model 12, while old has features that modern guns don’t have, such as a means to tighten up the barrel to receiver fit to accommodate for wear. And repair parts are easier to fabricate unlike stamped parts.

What you don’t see in the hands of people who guide in Africa or Alaska is cheap (poor quality) rifles.
Their lives and the lives of their clients are dependent on their choices and those holding up and working under the harshest conditions and abuse.

What you don’t see in the hands of people who walk the razors edge is low quality firearms (or knives).
You don’t see Hi Points on Police gunbelts. Or in the hands of the military. Can you imagine Julie Golob trading in her S&W or Dave Sevigny trading in his Glock for a Hi Point.

Using the argument that cheaper (lower quality) is acceptable as long as it does the same thing, (Benelli for Mossy’s) it would make sense for all of us to trade our Colt’s, Glocks and Wilson Combat handguns for Hi Points, after all they do the same thing and if they fall out of the canoe, we’re not out as much.

Same argument could be applied to boots, tents, cars and more. The question is should it be?
Ask your local mechanic to trade in his Snap-On’s for some cheap chinko tools, see what he says.

Simple rule of prepping, buy the best you can afford.
Buy once, pay once. Buy junk, you pay again and again.