Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Welcome Breathial and thank you for your service.

I’m in agreement with you re: the gear collectors. It’s almost like a morbid competition to see who can obtain the latest, greatest, sexiest tacti-cool stuff, but they don’t have the faintest clue how to use them effectively…

While I am not saying that I don’t have modern rifles of military usefulness (cause I do), or that upgrading them (better sights, etc) isn’t a good idea (and it is, and I have), getting into a competition with others over that makes you lose sight of why you invested in that rifle in the first place. A lot of what I have is, for lack of a better word, dingy… I put my gear on and I end up looking like a hobo. An armed hobo, but still a hobo…. I think “new” and “shiny” would get you killed, simply because the stuff you have is new and shiny… one rifle I have, it looks like it was a tomato stake before it became a rifle. Worn, beat up.. but inside, it’s as clean and shiny as a new clock, which is where new and shiny matters…

Wants vs Needs? That is the eternal battle… and it’s nice when they click together and your needs and wants end up being the same thing (which is rare, but it does happen sometimes). Practice your fundamentals, literally “run what you brung” and when you get really good, then you can justify blowing money on some tacti-cool gear…

Just my 2 cents.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1