Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Well, I’m glad you survived your brush with the Orcs…

If you want to know how Orcs think, you can start by reading the book “Safe in the City”… plenty of good advice in there on how to harden a home and physical security…

Make it a point to know the law in your city and state with regards to defense of self. Not all places have similar laws.

Here in Kentucky, when I was your age, you could shoot someone in defense of self, in defense of loved ones and arson. Yep, if someone tried to burn down your house, you were legal if you blasted him in the process. I know of one guy who did that. The Orc didn’t like him, or his family. Threatened to burn down his house. The police were unable to do anything until he actually tried something – which, by then, would have been too late. One night he heard a noise, and caught the Orc behind his house with a can of gasoline and a Bic lighter… Blam. The end.

It has, of course, changed since then. We now have Stand Your Ground, the Castle Doctrine and we are a “Shall Issue” Commonwealth when it comes to issuing concealed carry permits…

Take the advice in the book for starters, have your folks read it, too… but remember “Infinite Monkeys”

Means if you give enough people enough time, sooner or later, one of them will figure out how to defeat everything you put in their way. The things you do to make your home more difficult to break into will only slow them down. Not stop them. You will never be able to stop them. Making your home difficult to break into will cause them to move on and pick someone else – an easier target… sorry about the “someone else”, and I know it’s harsh, but there it is…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1