Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

moose,

I’ve spent a good portion of my life – and money – building a small library that deals with this very subject.

The best of them, I keep in two big bookcases. But, there is only so much space. There’s at least half a dozen more boxes in the basement full of books.

Subjects range from animal husbandry to growing vegetables. Fabricating things out of wood. Furniture making. How to create a healthy, productive woodlot. Books on machining. Running mills and lathes. Gasoline and diesel engine repair. Parts fabrication. Books on old skills, like the whole FireFox series. American history. Mathematics. Physics. Engineering. Chemistry. Books on building structures – from houses to smallish bridges. Weapons manuals. Leather making. Leather working. Boot and shoe making., More…

These books are primarily for me and mine, but if we tribe up with more folks, then folks are going to have duties delegated to them. Choose a subject – or two related ones – read up on them, then give it a shot. If you succeed, then you are our new bootmaker/carpenter/blacksmith/etc….

“When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” – Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1