Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

A rambling screed.. no rhyme or reason to it… it’s just how I feel.

I had to go over to the Veterans Hospital yesterday. Blood draw for tests. I don’t like going there.

All of us have the same expression. Most of us waiting don’t talk to each other. If we do talk, it’s about who was where, and when. Then some politician comes on the news, blathering about the latest outrage they’re forcing on us…. “for our own good”… and you see the outrage. The old, cold fury rises. You see the men they were once. Dangerous men. And you sit and wonder, “what if?”…

Selco, your friend at the parking lot… and the other one. They’re not alone in how they feel.

Even to this day, I go though the same list… enter a restaurant. Look around the room. Plate glass windows. Not good. Plate glass can be nasty. Stay away from that. Look for the back exit. Sit near the back exit, far from the front of the building, back to the wall. Size up the people in the restaurant. Are they alone or not. Watch their eyes and hands.

If I have to carry something, I always carry it in my left hand. Car keys go into my left pocket, every time. I want to keep my right hand free.

I don’t think I’ve slept more than 3 hours straight in the last 12 or 15 years…

I know the frustration your friend feels – watching the criminals running the country, and you can’t do anything about it. It’s infuriating.

To make matters worse, every year they trot us out and call us “Heroes”… I’m no hero. I completely reject that, and I have stopped going to anything to do with “celebrating” veterans… it’s nothing but Kabuki Theater.

Some poor bastard gets sent into harms way, gets blown to bits, but he lives. His life and body are destroyed. But, once a year, him and guys like him, are trotted out for a few minutes – not to honor them, but to make people feel better. To assuage the guilt they feel about having sent that poor boy to be blown up. They applaud and congratulate them, but most of them just want to be away from them as quickly as possible. Seeing the results of their warmongering up close and personal makes them feel uncomfortable…

The politicians don’t give a s**t either. We’re pawns in the Great Game of them making money. It’s them I despise most. Seeing some guy retire from the Government a multimillionaire because he helped manuver us into a never-ending war… he just “happens” to own a controlling interest in “Bombs R Us”, which sells munitions to the military…

You just do what you can to get by. It is what it is and you have to accept that. Each has to find their own path…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1