Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Ever thought about the old large Alice packs ? something to be said for a frame . You can get aftermarket strap add ons to make it more comfortable . Mine has the shelf on it , I extended the shelf to 8″ with some sheet metal and four bolts , like a radio pack , run some webbing around it with quick release buckles , and you can add on to it easily . I have 2 other packs , a modern issue multicam MOLLE large ruck , it can hold more than you would want to carry . I also have a 3 day MOLLE flecktarn pack from Germany . Lot of stuff out there , I tend to go for militay or military standards packs , as they seem to be able to take more abuse . Look at some of the hunting packs as well , some very good designs in that category , but they can be pricy . I’ve noticed that the sporting packs , even ones that are made for long back packing trips , are meant for the guy that hikes trails , rather than trail blazes . So you have all the look at me colors, and the construction is really not up to the abuse of off trail cross country . Not the most comfortable , but thats where the military packs shine .