Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Yes and no , we are not the same good ol nation of the past , but rather turning into a Fascist nation . We are evolving within ……..and not in a good way , if we follow the current anti Constitution way , we will be no better than China . Hitler or Stalin , take your pick , either way , you loose . I have more respect for the person that tells you your an a$$h*le to your face , and means it , than the guy that shakes your hand , smiles to your face , then goes behind your back . The US is the smile to your face guy . Thats why I like Russians , they generally say what they mean , and dont care if it offends ………..I respect that . Ragheads with no navy or air force , have in effect defeated the US empire . They won for the same reason the North Vietnamese won , they simply outlasted us . The word is getting out , and its true . The best way to defeat the US , is to simply outlast them , and they will withdraw, because they must . Its either getting too expensive , or the people no longer support it . Power is a balancing game , Even Roman emperors had to play or die , they cant piss off the army , or the army will kill them , they cant piss off the people too much , or an ambitious general with a few legions and support of the people will have them killed . I think we are now like Nazi Germany , praying for that new high tech toy that will save the fatherland …………not going to happen . When we do fall ( not if ) we at least want to be like the Romans , in the sense that we leave a legacy that will last . To this day , the Romans influence is still felt , in law , politics , philosophy , engineering , art , etc . Some good , some not good , but they made a mark in history that can not be forgotten or erased . Dont get me wrong , I dont want it to happen , but at this point , short of a bloody revolution or civil war to correct it , we are going down the dead end road .