Profile photo of tweva
tweva
Survivalist
rreallife

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>The problem for some of us, is hearing damage and the associated missing noises or additional noises such as tinnitus.

Yes, tinnitus is problem. I have mild tinnitus Whirly. It was very noticeable when doing this exercise – normally I try not to let it bother me.Sister has it very bad and now hums a lot (itself annoying) to cover it so she doesn’t go crazy. Also has vertigo. BTW this has helped her with the vertigo if anyone has the same issue.

Anyway, the twigs and branches breaking were an education. Some we got and knew what it was. Other times, depending on distance etc we all just laughed and had to call it forest sounds. One guy swore that the sound of one of them slowly chambering a round was the scrape of boots on a rock. (I don’t think I wanna hang out with him when shtf) Freakiest of all was not hearing someone approaching us as we sat blindfolded in a field of 7/8″ tall grass.

I have been trying to figure out, with the lay of my land, where the ricochet of sounds happens. Was surprised when cutting up the ‘big tree’ that crashed the paddock fence to hear it so loudly when banging in the nails, rebuilding the fence. It isn’t in much of a low spot from surrounding land – at least what I could tell. Where I think it would happen (mostly around the lower lying pond – it doesn’t) Well…something else to learn.