Profile photo of MountainBiker
MountainBiker
Survivalist
member10

For the “no tax” advocates here, how do you see the military being funded, police, fire (even volunteer depts get funding for equipment), roads repaired and plowed, social security/medicare (which by the way pays out far more in benefits than most ever pay in taxes), schools (not everyone can afford private schools or can home school, or is even qualified to home school….my parents could never have taught me trigonometry or physics for example), and so forth. I’m not saying there isn’t a lot of waste and unnecessary programs but a modern society cannot function without some level of govt and taxation. The problem is everyone wants the services they use funded, but paid for by someone else. I have to bite my tongue every time I hear someone moaning about paying $3,000 a year in property taxes when they have 3 kids in the public schools which costs $10-15,000 per kid per year K-12. If they live to be 120 they’ll still have been on the receiving end having gotten more in services than they ever paid in.