Profile photo of Inshala
Inshala
Veteran
member4

KOS,

Good counter-point in regards to COD. Personally, I hate COD because I’ve seen the influence it has on much of our youth…not in the sense of creating antisocial behavior, but in creating a false sense of experience and knowledge. We’ve referred to these guys as “Army Nerds” from time to time. The only reason why I even mentioned COD is because I read a lengthy post by another member that could have only been inspired by a video game. It lacked any common sense, but was VERY technical.

In regards to your statement, I suppose it is the closest team building/problem solving simulation to a SHTF situation that is offered to the general population. Let me ask you this: Instead of a video game, how do you feel about paint ball? The reason why I offer this alternative is because a video game offers no apathetic experience to the scenarios it processes. By this, I mean that I remember playing a COD-type video game and thinking, “There is no way in hell I can carry this much gear and run this far and this fast!” Although I have never played civilian styled paint ball, I was thinking about organizing a team and keeping honed that way.

"If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the Fury Road."