Profile photo of c
c
member7

KOS, I hope you did not consider my comment about Ray Mears an insult. I do not know anything about Ray Mears’ work or his history. I was just commenting on how he consumed the fish, from a survival perspective. Of course, the youtube video was for a BBC audience. Maybe when Ray Mears is training SAS recruits and not doing a BBC show, he teaches the SAS recruits how to eat the whole fish, not just the muscle meat.

I did enjoy the SAS Survival Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere by John Wiseman. That’s about the limit of my knowledge of the SAS.

For bushcraft, Mors Kochanski’s book Bushcraft is excellent, especially for people in the northern Boreal forest. He has many line drawings and diagrams in the book that help explain bushcraft skills. I have seen other books that have taken pages of descriptions to describe what he gets across in a simple line drawing.

I was impressed with Les Stroud’s book Survive. I was so impressed that I went through the trouble of watching a few Survivorman shows. I don’t watch TV. (I liked the book much better then the TV show. I really don’t know how people watch that kind of stuff.)