Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Kind of interesting mentioning police stations being overrun , I would bet money that if it were bad enough , a lot of them would simply not show up for work , but rather stay home attending to the protection of their own families ………..some will weigh the odds , and come to the conclusion that going to work and attempting to do anything will most likely get them killed , at a time when their own family will need them the most . The military is not immune to this either , its a different ball game when the Sh*t is going down on your own soil , in your neighborhood , instead of some other country , doing Darth Vaders bidding . I can see some desertion . In the last civil war , desertion was an every common on both sides , but more with the North , as the soldier in the field , at times didnt really see the point of why they were fighting . I also liked your analogy of the Ford vs. Chevy argument , they both beat the hell out of walking . Same with guns , they beat the hell out of a fist , knife or club . In my mind , the fact that a person has chosen to buy a firearm , and has ammunition for it ………………gives that person an advantage over those that do not have . The willingness to use it is a different matter , and this is where I see many armed people are going to fail .