Profile photo of Aukxsona
Aukxsona
Survivalist
member2

Still waters I was never good at concealing myself which is why I had to leave so often and why so many adults would stop and ask me questions after midnight.

As a child though 13-16 no one ever thought I was homeless. When I ran around with other kids, they thought we were a “gang” hoodlums or some nonsense. Truth was most of us were just homeless.

I went avoided the homeless camps…most of the older men were there…not a lot of kids. They could be dangerous. You would hear about people fighting or breaking some rule that I had never heard of. Each camp has it’s own rules and trying to fit into one can be hard. I was really tiny and scared of adults, 4’11 and 90 pounds tiny. Terrified of adults actually.

What is a low barrier shelter anyway. The only shelter I knew about was the one that alcoholics went to in order to get sober and the women’s shelter. There were no children’s shelter…there was just foster care.

When was the last time you went without electricity, running water, food, and had babies screaming for food...now you know why I prep. These are the things a mother's nightmares are made of.