Profile photo of Still Waters
Still Waters
Medic
member2

Yeah, it’s been interesting to say the least. There’s a local group here who touts themselves as preppers, but all they ever do is shoot guns and show off their tactical gear. My instincts tell me that the leader of the group has a God complex, and I don’t want any part of that.

Two years ago we moved out of the city, and I’m finding I like our setup here. We have 3 houses rather close to ours by rural standards, and while one of the neighbors is a real *******, he really only says what he thinks. I don’t like the guy, but I believe he’d be pretty useful.

I’ve found that the people who live out here are generally more prepper minded. They already grow food, have firearms and ammo, and don’t run to the store every other day or even every month. That and they’re already accustomed to hard work and looking out for each others’ property.

I hope if SHTF we can all band together. Still, it’d be nice to have some people I trust as part of the group in case my jerk of a neighbor ends up having a God complex, too.

auribus teneo lupum