Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Let me put it to you this way , IF your religion does not give you comfort in everyday life and especially in a crisis , and you dont turn to it when there is a severe challenge in your life , and is not a reassuring confidence that you will overcome ………….then your not in the right religion , its not a good fit for you . From my point of view , a person needs to believe in something , how they choose to explain what that higher power is , is something they need to find for themselves . My greatest problem with almost all religions is the fact that they dont answer enough of the most basic of questions satisfactorily . They seem to have a rathe narrow focus on just one aspect , it seems that they are focused on a ” Me Me Me Me Me ” ideal , and not a larger more complete picture . Crap , most of them cant answer the simple question a child would ask ” do animals have souls ? ” then the practitioner of the faith , has to dig deep to answer the question , because its not written anywhere in their book . Then has to pull an answer out of their a$$ using quasi philosophy in an attempt to answer the question . I dont understand how a person can be an atheist , even if you use strict logic , you are eventually forced to come to the conclusion that there IS something greater than yourself and what you see around you , and the fact that you dont know everything , especially if you are confronted with the fact that humans only use about 20% of their brain potential …………there are forces at work , you dont understand and never will , but they do indeed exist . So in answer to your question , you NEED a faith , you just have not found the right one yet , I would find one , however , its been my experience with those that feel a religion lacking , is more their fault than the fault of the religion ……..they simply have not taken the time , or made the effort to completely UNDERSTAND the faith . If your looking for a feeling or other physical conformation ……….your looking in the wrong direction to begin with .