Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Dogs are scum , never liked them ., for the same reason I dont like street gangs . I have told many females to leave the dog at the shelter and buy a gun if they are that frightened of life . It would serve them better . Firepower and electronics . In modern society , a dog is not allowed in many everyday places , a concealed firearm can go with you almost anywhere . It used to be cats that hospitality chains would not allow , now dogs are the enemy , for reasons of sanitation ( many people wont pick up their animals poop ) for noise reasons , and for liability of attack by the animal . In many hotel/ motel chains , cats are allowed but dogs are not , as cats are easily contained , and cats do not attack people for no reason ….dogs do . Like pointed out by other members , in a post SHTF situation , they may turn into a source of meat to those in bad shape . I can see the need to shoot feral dogs out of hand , for reasons of safety and security . The Gestapo ( law enforcement ) are already shooting peoples pets without justification , in a SHTF situation , pet owners need to expect that their pet will be targeted by several elements of society . After all , dogs are a layer of security , and once eliminated , makes you more vulnerable to surprise . They are also easy to eliminate , as they are not all that smart , they will rarely take cover , but rather just stand there and bark or look …………pack animals generally have a lower animal IQ vs. solitary predator animals , like say a mountain lion or leopard . Pack animals are also pretty sloppy , and go for a full frontal assault and not much else , whereas solitary predators will use well practiced tactics , and will also recon its prey , rather than just react . This is kind of interesting , and not practical for most of us , but I knew an Animal Control officer . It was a small town , and they allowed him to wear a chainmail shirt under his uniform . It looked very cool , it was long sleeved and went to his knees . It weighed in at 35 pounds , but he told me that it saved him from having to get a rabies shot on more than one occasion .