Profile photo of CrankyOldFart
CrankyOldFart
Survivalist
member1

I’ve thought of this before, when something I see on the news or a documentary makes me think, that I’ve never in my life seen anyone die, or a body after death, other than after it has been prepared by an undertaker, and I’m 58 years old.

Hollywood death, no matter how gruesome, I think somehow registers in your brain that it is fake, but even actual dead bodies, life from WWII documentaries, though sometimes jarring, can’t possibly come really close to the actual thing, partly because they are shot in black & white.

Even without some sort of conflict causing the deaths I wonder how people used to cope with so much death. I’ve looked at grave stones from the 1800’s where the parents had five or six children and none of them made it beyond their teens, some that had several children years apart in age, yet died a few days to a month apart probably due to some flu or other communicable illness.

I suppose this is another one of those things, like combat, that you just don’t know how you will react until it happens.

This is what I like about you, Selco, unlike almost all of the other “Preppers” out there you have actually “been there and done that”, and your posts are always thought provoking.