Profile photo of MidSouth Mitch
MidSouth Mitch
Survivalist
member2

About 20 years ago when my future wife & I were just dating, we had an interesting encounter in downtown Orlando. It was between 1:30-2:00 am and we had just left a concert at a venue on the main drag, Orange Ave. and we were proceeding to my car parked a block away, down a less-traveled but well-lit side street. All of the sudden, this dude comes sprinting out of a darkened alley ahead of us and to the right, coming directly for us. Fortunately, I’d been receiving extensive handgun combat and bodyguard training and was packing. She was to my left and I threw my left arm in front of her and swept her to the rear, while simultaneously gripping my Glock 23, still in the (small of the back) holster. At my movement, said thug put on the brakes, threw his hands up and shouted that he only wanted to know what time it was! (He got to within about 20 ft. of us) I informed him that it was time for him to leave and he about-faced and beat feet double-time, back to the hole he crawled out of. I never even drew my gun from its holster.

We were VERY fortunate that the thug sprung his trap way too early- Might have been an entirely different story if he’d waited until we passed his position and came at us from behind.

Thanks to God and Amen to our Guardian Angels!