Profile photo of Inshala
Inshala
Veteran
member4

freedom,

Do you think that Spanish Flu was a weapon or a natural phenomenon? Consider that we had just engaged in the most brutal war to date in which chemical weapons were undisputably implemented. As c stated, it is the only true pandemic the world has seen in the last hundred years.

I’m going to have to side with Roadracer’s skepticism on weaponizing Ebola. There are far more lethal and infectious bio-weapons in existence. I also agree with c’s optimistic assessment of the disease. He’s provided some pretty hard facts and until we see some proof that Ebola has mutated, then we’re still in good shape.

I will confess that I am EXTREMELY concerned with the deployment of 3,000 service members to “fight” Ebola in Africa. Unlike, the previous panics (with West Nile, H1N1, and such) we never deployed a Brigade size element to “fight” an illness.

Oh, and BTW…THANK YOU, everybody, for buying out all the MOPP suits in The Sportsman”s Guide! I swear one day there were in stock and, without exaggeration, SOLD OUT the next! I’ll have to keep checking back. :P

"If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the Fury Road."