Profile photo of undeRGRönd
undeRGRönd
Survivalist
member8

Whirlibird wrote:
I’m not saying its any kind of end all be all genre, but like many, there can be some things taken from it.

BINGO!

I see where the eclectic mixture of new and old, hi-tech, low tech and offbeat tech will be used in the future as an “All of the Above” strategy for Survival. We need all sources of energy as we transition from an
Oil Based World Economy, to whatever is next. As some of you may know, I am a firm believer in OverUnity, which means 100% efficiencies are the starting point ;) Our stupidly wasteful home appliances and autos are grossly inefficient and outdated. An electric car or truck with a micro-diesel or turbine engine powering a generator (plus battery/capacitor bank) could easily achieve over 100 MPG and do everything a fuel powered vehicle can currently do in work load or commuting. They are not only screwing us at the gas pump, but also at the electric meter (approximately 1/3 to 1/2 the power on the grid is wasted in transmission) and then again when we use this power in the home! Current CFLs actually use nearly TWICE the wattage the package claims! So the savings over incandescents are not 75% but just barely over 50% :( I could get more technical, but the end result is the same.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum