Profile photo of Vadim
Vadim
Survivalist
member3

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>much of the style comes from the industrial revolution era. And that’s not entirely a bad thing.

IMHO, that’s not bad at all. But my questions are: how useful is the “style”? What is more essential – “style” or “functionality”?

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>Look around today, at all the ball caps

This is what I use mine for: http://www.harborfreight.com/5-led-cap-light-65288.html (beside Sun protection, of course!)

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>How many preppers are going old school? Old knives and axes, old tools?

And you call all of that “Steampunk”? Old-school manual/hand tools are FUNCTIONAL and non-pretentious (blending in, low profile, etc etc, preaching to the choir), while Steampunk is, whatever it is, dysfunctional Art&Fashion (?)

P.S. Eagerly waiting to see any “Steampunk” tools or items of practical (not esthetic, showing off, decamouflaging) value to your average preparer/survivalist/handy(wo)man.