Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Preparedness is not a sin , we are just doing what people did normally before all the modern things were around , that we all enjoy , and take for granted . However , there are some that take it too far , they become obsessed with doom and worry , about the what if’s . Thats when it is a bad thing , balance is the key . I once heard a doctor tell somebody ” be careful about depression , it can be seductive ” . At the time I heard that , I thought that was the most bizarre thing to tell a patient . Later as years went by , it made sense , he was right , he was trying to tell that patient , that he needed to keep a balance and enjoy life , no matter what problems are current in their lives . Find something positive to enjoy . Same holds true for us . Doing this can be taken too far , and your mentality can change for the worse . My grandmother told me ” Dont take life too seriously , or you will miss out on half of it ” . The words coming from a person that lived through the great depression . Yes I dated myself , but I hope it helps somebody .