Profile photo of MountainBiker
MountainBiker
Survivalist
member10

Good point whirlibird about the crazy and/or dangerous preppers/survivalists. Some are bat **** crazy and/or dangerous and it makes me wince every time I read about one. It makes the rest of us look bad, especially on top of the govt. being hostile towards preppers.

I will offer you up a good cop example. Last March my wife and a friend of hers from Maine were in Albuquerque, NM. Neither are situationally aware and its even worse when they are together. They stopped at some store after dark and exit just before it closes. They’re fiddling around arranging their packages in the rental car talking up a storm and not paying attention. All of a sudden my wife spots someone coming towards them and didn’t have time even to tell her friend to get in the car. Fortunately it was a cop that startled them because if it was a mugger or worse they’d of been his. The cop asks them if they’re OK and then tells them its not safe to be in that neighborhood alone at night and waits until they leave. That’s the kind of cop I grew up knowing. I know most are good, but I really do worry about where we’re headed with all these new rougher and confrontational procedures, SWAT Teams being used for minor matters, and the general militarization. Also the unions that fight to keep bad cops on the beat.