Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

Elijah – great post, thanks for this link. I watched several Wranglerstar vids and thoroughly enjoyed them. Wish I could have done that years ago – still time.

On entitlement – parenting, not friendship is what is needed. Without parent models it takes a special kid to figure it out, and some never will. I believe that narcissism is one of the pillars of the current attitude. They see it day in and day out from Hollyweird, TV, sports “heroes”, politicians and many, many other “leaders”. Let’s face it, the premise behind Facebook and Twitter is “look at me and what I did” today or “how important what I have to say is”…vice the humble service of helping others and mankind in generaf and working hard without the “need” for praise or “likes” or any of that crap in the past. It all began when we started with the social experimentation of no one “losing” in elementary school and junior sports and everyone getting a trophy or medal or being recognized for nothing but showing up to some practices and many times not even trying. Well why even try if you get rewarded for doing nothing? We reap what we sow…

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine