Profile photo of undeRGRönd
undeRGRönd
Survivalist
member8

Amanda11 wrote:

Thank you Novus, I really do hope it helped!

There were so many things I learned in that time, one of the most important being just how dependent I was on the frail infrastructure in place. This was pure ego that I had to address first. My assumption that everything is going to work exactly as it always has was shattered, and I’m very grateful to have had the experience to set my preparations in motion. I’m not sure why no one else had the change of mindset like I did, but it also became very obvious if some of the “friends” that were there with us knew anything about what we have NOW, they would be the first ones knocking on our door in an emergency. Only sharing with people you plan on including is just as important as the actual preparations themselves.

My new way of living looks just like “everyone else”, but almost everything I have revolves around functionality in a SHTF situation. In the beginning, it felt overwhelming because I just wasn’t sure where to start. I began with small steps, and worked up from there. Addressing my “shelter” situation was the biggest step I’ve tackled so far: in no way was a third-floor apartment going to work for our needs. Now that we’re in our permanent residence I feel like I’m making so much more progress.

Friends have commented on how quaint the decorations I use in my kitchen are, and to the untrained eye, it looks like a cute Country Primitive style of accessorizing. Every single item is also fully functional and kept in good working order, from the coffee grinder and French Press to the washboard on the wall. I’ve made it a priority to learn how to use everything as it was intended, and that went a long way to giving me the confidence I needed to take each new step.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

My wife also likes the functional country decor. We have a few older oil lamps and certain other things that will be functional in the event of power loss and SHTF. Kewl Stuff!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum