Profile photo of sledjockey
sledjockey
Bushcrafter
member8

I agree with some of what you are saying, but I have serious concerns with staying put. From neighbors trying to survive to looters, government agents to “relief workers,” I am more apt to NOT get myself in trouble by shooting someone if I am not in the mess and wait things out in a place that would protect my family as well as those that might get caught in the crosshairs of me protecting what is mine. Basically, I have enough set aside to harbour in place for a long time. I don’t want to be part of an all out war with the government coming to take my stuff for the “greater good,” however. I don’t think I can dig enough holes when the dust settled……..

Believe me that door to door confiscation of all resources is not something that would take long to get started once the government rolls in. Not only that but it would be hard to even eat the preps you have stored when you are marched down to a “refugee camp” to better protect you. Better to die in the woods in a firefight than die from starvation in a concentration camp.

FEMA’s main reaction plans are based upon closing down affected areas and gather people into FEMA camps. I hear it from my dad’s friends. They are all getting trained for such contingencies and I don’t want anything to do with it.

****************************Edit and Add**************************

Each person prepares for things in the manner that best suits them. Me? I don’t like oppression or governmental control and don’t trust the system. For me, staying put through something is not an option if the government comes in to “assist.” I could not do it. You could. The OP question was asking what each of our thoughts were. Mine? C-Ya…… Then again, I have a completely different skill set than 99% of the Americans living today.

http://ageofdecadence.com