Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

twee,

Want to know about the “Us vs. Them” mentality? Head on over to PoliceOne and take a look around. They refer to citizens as “mundanes” in sneering derision.

“Not all police officers are bad cops”…

This is simply equivocating. Are 100 percent of them “bad”, all the way down to the very last one? Of course not. I don’t think I could put together a group of 100% “bad” people, even if I hand-picked them one by one from the state penitentiary. So this argument falls flat…

But I do know that power corrupts and that ultimate power – the power to decide if someone lives or dies – will corrupt absolutely. MB’s used a word I thought about earlier that goes right to the crux of the matter – ACCOUNTABILITY.

If there is no accountability, no oversight, then there is no check on state (police) power. They literally do what they want. Our Framers knew that power corrupts, so they sought to avoid it wherever possible. There are still those who think that power can be used for good, and that they are immune. After awhile, they think power is inherently good because THEY are the ones who wield it…

Police officers take on the burden of moral responsibility that comes with the privileges of rank, power and position. But power corrupts, which checks and counters morality. In the military, there is a massive support structure surrounding you and discipline is enforced from outside on the individual. Police must be able to self-discipline, which comes from inside.

In fact, I would even modify my original “Only psychotics enter politics” theory to include lifelong ‘police officers’… police are taught to lie effectively because it’s legal to lie to a “suspect”. It’s not legal, however, for us to lie to them. The ability to lie smoothly and evenly, not giving a **** about you or your problems, no empathy, narcissistic in the extreme – only caring about themselves – those who enjoy and get off on power and only seek to increase it… this is a pretty good working definition of “Psychopath”…

Pressure to support “the brotherhood” cows most into silence when something illegal or immoral is discovered. Those who actually do have the moral courage to stand up and point out the culture of corruption – they are excoriated, demonized, shunned… in the case of Las Vegas, it is pretty much an open secret that the police are a wholly owned subsidy of the Cleveland Mob – to include the Coroner’s Office (since they are the ones who decide if a shooting was “justified” or not via a “coroner’s inquest”) and the DA’s office. The last TWO HUNDRED shootings have been found completely “justifiable”…

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not siding with the looters in Ferguson. I’m saying that there is a culture of corruption in the police, zero accountability of those who do wrong and also the militarization of our police, which will not lead to anything good – in this or any other world…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1