Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

Amanda – that was a great post; thanks for taking the time to type it out. Believe it or not, that was probably more beneficial to more people than you think. Blackouts and power outages are a fairly normal occurrence and will probably be experienced by more people than most of the other topics we discuss here. Your story reminded me of a couple nuggets that I’ve forgotten about myself (have an old percolator coffee pot tucked away – or some instant). In any case, great job again – lots to be learned.

A bit puzzling that the people who had to stay for several days didn’t learn anything from it – I think it goes back to our societal slide toward dependency. Power out? The power company will fix it. Water out? Water will come by soon. Add to that our convenience that we can use useless credit or paper to immediately buy things we need. Take out any of those cogs in the gear and there’s a breakdown – a far cry from a few short decades ago when people had built in preparations for any of these “disasters” (which were more like normal life).

Much appreciated – K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine