Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

I think they suck ass , I had a mini 30 , it wasn’t the old ones with the bad thin barrel , it was a new one . I sold it and bought another AK . My problems with that platform were these things . It is not substantial enough for me , I probably would have liked it more if it had heavy wooden furniture , but thats a personal preference , I think any gun with polymer feels cheap and junky I didnt like the sticky charging bolt . Its accuracy was not any better than an AK , the safety sucked . Just because the Army used that safety in WW2 , doesnt mean it was a good idea , it can be knocked in and out too easily just moving around in the woods or in brush . I also didnt like the lack of accessories . Cant get a factory 30 round magazine , In short , it was like almost everything else Ruger makes , uninspired and lacking . Crappy company in desperate need of new management . For the money your going to spend on a Mini , just get an AK , its a far better rifle . Let me put it this way , some punks come up to your car , the mini 30/ 14 isnt going to be intimidating , and they may still press the issue , forcing you to fire …………..you pull out an AK , they will probably stop cold , it looks mean and nasty , and its reputation is understood world wide , and blown out of proportion in the media, ( which could work in your favor at times ) you may get out of it without firing a shot . Yes its smaller and less clunky , but a load out for an AK is only 6 magazines ( not counting the one in the rifle ) , to get a similar load out for the Ruger , you need 10 , yes you can buy aftermarket 30 round mags , but they are unreliable in that weapon . The factory mags for that platform seem to be the only reliable ones . Just my 2 cents .