Profile photo of matt76
matt76
Survivalist
member8

Tweva as I said before I used to have one of these. I am going to post some pictures of common components so you will have a better idea of what to look for. As far as them getting pictures/video, unless they had a transmitter on the drone all media will still be in the camera. If you find the camera you will have the pics. The camera may have been in a waterproof case, so if it wasn’t damaged when you shot it down, even though it landed in the pond it may still be in good working order. Flight time on standard R/C batteries is 8-12 minutes unless they had 2 batteries in which case it would multiply the time. Most hobby level drones come with one battery. They have to modify it to carry more. With some tweaking they can fly about 1/2 mile from the remote but most people will not fly them that far without a live video feed back to the pilot because the lose visual contact and can’t tell which direction they are flying. Given the altitude you observed it at the pilot was most likely within a few hundred yards.