Profile photo of colin9h2
colin9h2
Survivalist
rprepper

Anything is better than nothing OP. You’re feet will make or break you when your on the move. The only thing I can tell you is to take note of the terrain you live in and the weather, then find the best pair of kickers in your budget. You don’t have to drop a whole paycheck on some tacti-cool boots; if you aren’t planning on going in to combat, you don’t need combat boots. I’m an infantryman by trade, so I know a thing or two when it comes to foot care. There are different kicks for different situations man, keep that in mind. I personally would wear my duty boots when I’m out and about, because my feet are used to them and I can kick a mean door with em. But when I’m not expecting any trouble, I’ll be wearing some sneakers no doubt. Just because SHTF, doesn’t mean I can’t wear my Nikes. Aint no one gonna take my Nikes haha.

Another thing is don’t buy footwear based on the premises that its waterproof or not. Gore-Tex and the like is great for light rain and walking through puddles, but if you get caught in a heavy storm or have to cross a body of water, its not gonna matter. The best thing is to find something that will dry quickly so you can switch your socks and charlie mike. It would behoove you to invest in a decent amount of foot powder and anti fungal spray too. When I was out for last AT, no one thought to bring foot powder and a lot of the guys suffered for it. The Gold Bond blue bottle works wonders for absorbing moisture and keeping your feet dry, which above ALL is the most important thing for your feet. Take care of your feet and they will take care of you OP, good luck!