Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

Tsar – personally I prep for as many ailments as I can physically store and gain treatment knowledge over time. I store homeopathic remedies and OTC remedies. You can also look into alternative “veterinarian” meds. This is a normal way of life just because I don’t like to go to the doctor (or pay for him). I keep track of what family members get what and how many times and stock from there – but also expand to things we might have never had for at least some treatment.

My personal opinion is during a SHTF there will be little or zero treatments available for “minor” ailments. The hospitals and such will more than likely be very overwhelmed with “serious” and “critical” ailments to take time out and supplies for anything “minor”. I’m sure Selco and others might have some real world experiences with this.

Everyone gets sick – I don’t believe they will look less at your unless you are milking the treatment to get out of work. People know when you cannot work and when you can.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine