elijah
elijah
Prepper
member6

In truth I would expect tens of thousands to have been infected with Ebola by now if it were an airborne virus. From what I’ve been able to find [and someone can correct me if my info is wrong] Ebola seems to be a hemorrhaging disease but not a respiratory disease like influenza; therefore it doesn’t seem to trigger respiratory illnesses that would expel aerosols from the body that could be intercepted by another person breathing it in. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001339.htm seems a good and brief summary about the disease.

An infected person’s bodily fluids are serious sources of infection though, and handling their wastes without washing the hands afterwards, or having sex or sharing needles with an infected person may bypass the body’s disease filters. Also, from what I’ve read, the Ebola virus doesn’t seem to live long outside of a body cell, so the prospect of catching the virus from something an infected person has touched [assuming that the virus is even in perspiration, which I don’t know] is small, unless the item is touched by a second person very soon after and then the healthy person picks their nose or rub their eyes without first washing their hands. [As I’ve said before, a lot of diseases would be stopped in their tracks if people would routinely sanitize their hands before touching their faces.]

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!