Profile photo of Amanda11
Amanda11
Survivalist
member3

Hello Xocjim. I’m still learning, and in the past my efforts were primarily aimed at building up reserves. Now that we are in our permanent home I’m trying to expand my preparedness knowledge to make it more site-specific. Making the most of the property is important, and I’m finding out pretty quickly that there is a lot of information out there to help with this!

My hubby and I both work full time, so I dedicate certain weekday evenings and whatever time I have on the weekends to my efforts. This first year has been more about trying to fix up the house itself and clear out a LOT of exterior overgrowth from the neglectful previous owner, as well as figuring out what I’m working with in terms of lighting and soil conditions. My city does not allow chickens (GRR!), so I have been looking into alternate sources of egg/meat production.

I’m always hopeful my hubby will get more on board. I suggested we try a “Clean Eating” diet and get rid of processed and packaged foods (he’s been interested in that for a while), so seeing where our food comes from might sway him a little more. Being able to physically go to the garden and pick/dig his own food makes it a real experience, and he’s already been asking me about certain vegetables he’d like to have. Time will tell, and in the meantime I’ll just keep trucking along!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday,

-Amanda