Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Mountainbkr , your right in the fact that you cant eat gold or yuans , but WE have given up our manufacturing base , we need them now more than they need us , for some of the reasons you and Maglus stated . Let me put it to you guys this way , when WW2 broke out , the US did make almost all of its own products , we had a powerful industrial and manufacturing base , we also had the full and enthusiastic support of the American people to produce . Even then , it took a full three years for us to gear up to full bore . Now flash forward to today , we have a small base , we make few of our own products , we have a highly polarized population ………………..how long do you think it will take us to get back on our feet this time around with those negatives in place ? much less even get geared up to produce even the basics for everyday life . We make a lot of food ………whoopty doo , you and I cant tell that by the high cost of groceries , it doesnt benefit us now . Historically , agrarian societies have always been at the mercy of industrial ones , that wont change . Ukraine is a good example , they are the breadbasket of eastern europe , they produce vast amounts of food , they always have ………..they also have been the doormat for every nation with a powerful industry , everybody has invaded them , hell , I think even Poland attacked them once , all were successful . You dont make anything ……..you cant do anything when the SHTF . Just Sayin