Profile photo of MountainBiker
MountainBiker
Survivalist
member10

74, I think it would be hard for China to put the genie back into the bottle and go back to a purely communist based system. Too many people have gotten a taste of some degree of economic freedom. More importantly China does not have the natural resources to support their population. They need territorial expansion. They have built over or seriously polluted too much of their agricultural lands and overdrawing ground water has caused serious desertification of their more arid agricultural areas. They have extreme water shortages and pollution and their population continues to rise. They have been slowly colonizing Africa for their resources (this will not end well for the Africans) and I have no doubt they have eyes on Russia’s vast lightly populated eastern lands. They buy vast amounts of food from the US. If China lost a few hundred million of their population to war in order to achieve the status on the world stage that they believe is their destiny and their due, it will kill two birds with one stone so to speak, their over population and the acquisition of the resources and space they need. I believe that the Party hierarchy in China will do whatever it takes to maintain their grip on power, no matter the cost to their people or the world. The issues go far beyond just economic trade issues.