Profile photo of Xocjm
Xocjm
Veteran
member4

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Malgus wrote:</div>Right quick…

I was in EUCOM. We were protective services for >someone< high up the food chain. I got a good idea of who does what, etc..

EUCOM is a major command – also known as MACOM. Usually the guy who heads up EUCOM up at SHAPE (Supreme Headquarters Europe) ends up with the Joint Chiefs.

This German guy is going to be working for USAREUR (pronounced “YOO-SIR-UH”), which is NOT a major command – it’s a smaller command under EUCOM. The guy who is Chief of Staff of USAREUR is most times a one star, maybe a two star. The guy who is Chief of Staff for EUCOM is a 3 star. Which fits, because Brig. General Laubenthal is only a Brigadier General…

Still, having someone who is not an American high up in the food chain and potentially all up in our **** is… disconcerting. I smell someone trying to make political mileage off this stunt in an effort to disperse some of the STANK from the whole spying thing…

Then again, there is the fact that the General is a tanker… notice his last command was commander of the 12th Panzer Brigade in Amberg – tanks. Could be someone is hedging their bets and thinking a couple years down the road… maybe we got some trouble brewing with the Russians…. and we all know the Russians LOVE tanks… having a tank commander from an allied military so close to hand might pay big dividends down the road…

We’ll see…

Interesting take on that!